How to merge branch to mainline branch

I created a branch named xyz, I made respective changes in that branch, now I want to update my mainline branch with the same changes. Now should I use merge option for that? and if yes, then how can I merge new branch to mainline. Please mention the navigation as well. What pros and cons this merge feature has?  Also can I rollback to previous state if anything goes wrong while merging?
asked
3 answers

Hi Vivek,

Yes, you can use the merge option to update your mainline branch with the changes you made in the branch named "xyz." Merging is a common way to integrate changes from one branch into another.

Refer the below doc for merging the branch to mainline

Doc:

https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/merge-dialog/

answered

Ideally rather than merging your branch(which was created out of the main branch for a reason – lets call it a feature branch then) to the main branch and bring a possibility of corrupting the main branch, it would be a good approach to merge the main line to your branch and check if the all the features are intact along with your branch!

Call it a best practice or not, it would always be good if we make all the tests in our current working branch before attempting a merge to the clean main branch.

answered

You need to commit your xyz branch first, and then switch to the main branch through Manage Branches Lines, then merge xyz branch into the main branch through Merge Changes Here.if there is an error you need to fix, Or rollback through Revert All Changes,all the options are in the picture above.

answered