Mendix 9.24.5 keeps freezing

Hi everyone,   Is anyone experiencing issues with Mendix 9.24.5 on Windows 10? I am having multiple occurrences where Mendix Studio Pro would completely freeze and will need to end task via task manager. That however does not resolve the issue and will need to restart my PC in order to stop it from happening.   It is always when I try to save via CTRL+S or CTRL+SHIFT+S or Running the project locally. It will get stuck with the below popup just blocking. It either hangs during a save or when it is performing “Refreshing status information”.   Just curious to know if this is only me or if anyone still using Windows 10 is also facing the same issues.   Thank you and look forward to hearing back from the community! Best regards Kevin
asked
15 answers

Same problem here in 9.24.12, PLEASE mendix fix this. It happens > 10 times a day

image.png

answered

Answer from Mendix support. I have applied all changes, now testing if freezes stops

Hi Wouter,Thank you for contacting Mendix Support. Hope you are doing well!Sorry to hear about the suboptimal Studio Pro experience! I reviewed the logs you shared and see that the Studio Pro version used is the latest 9.24.12. Could you please inform if the computer meets the requirements:System Requirements 

Especially the .NET and Git for Windows versions, you can update them from the following links:

Could you please also enable the feature of Software Rendering in the Advanced Settings of Studio Pro and inform if it solves the problem? In some cases, it can drastically improve performance:

Preferences: Rendering

Hardware and driver issues may cause performance problems when running Studio Pro. These issues can appear in form of dialogs opening and closing much slower than expected, and general slowness of the UI.

In case the hardware problems cannot be solved, it is possible to mitigate these issues by turning the Enable software rendering mode setting on. Enabling this setting requires a restart of Studio Pro to take effect. Running the application with this setting on may increase the CPU usage.

You can enable the setting in Studio Pro > Edit > Preferences > Advanced:   

If the performance is still not satisfactory, please refer to the points below that can be helpful in improving the performance: 

1. Check Studio Pro Preferences:
    • Increase the Auto-check delay
    • Disable both the Logic Bot and Performance Bot.
  2. Increase the Priority to High for Studio Pro in Windows. This will make Studio Pro have more priority over other apps running on your PC while it is open.
  3. Disable Hardware Acceleration:

Let me if this helps. If the above steps don't help, please do the following:

1. Open task manager
  2. Go to the Details tab
  3. Right-click one of the columns
  4. Select columns
  5. Make sure the "Share GPU memory" checkbox is checked
  6. Scroll or drag that new column into view
  7. Work with Studio Pro and note the amount of GPU memory used when you start and when it slows down, as in:
  8. Reply to this ticket with the memory usage observations so that we could forward it to our R&D team.

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at your convenience.I have set this ticket status to "Pending" so that you can reply to it. Please note that it will be closed automatically within a week if there is no response.

answered

We suffer from this a lot as well... feels like it only happens when certain things change in pages like visibility conditions.

Our development time is drastically longer when this occurs, and it is very demotivating.

answered

The complain seems to be a bit older, https://forum.mendix.com/link/space/studio-pro/questions/122814 

answered

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on this.

After updating to Windows 11 and upgrading Mendix Studio Pro to 9.24.7, this still happened to me. Temporary workaround that worked for me is the following:
1. After encountering the freeze, close your project via end task using Task Manager
2. Re-open the project
3. Close Studio Pro properly after your project opens

If the above 3 steps don’t work, you could also try restarting PC after step 3.

Regards
Kevin

answered

9.24.14 , win 11, same issue 

answered

same problem for me; freezes when I press Ctl + s often to save microflows or pages.

answered

An update: I am in contact with support and R&D of Mendix. I have received a special build to reproduce the freeze and generate detailed logging. Mendix support is now investigating the log and the memory dump.

answered

Working in 9.24.6 I experience no freezes. Though in the release notes there is no mention of a bugfix for any freeze, you might try this minor upgrade.

answered

We have the same issue with one of one application. And it didnt help with updating the application to 9.24.6.

answered

Here a new reaction form support Mendix:

Hi Wouter,

Thank you for the follow up.While there is no update from our RnD team regarding this case, we identified potential workarounds that may have a positive impact on the performance: 

• Close the property panel (by default on the right of your screen)
  • Turn off security checks to reduce the error check time

Although these two only serve as a workaround, they can improve your experience, and they can serve as a workaround until we have done more investigation and potential fixes. When using this workaround, make sure to turn on the security check once before committing, to make sure that your project does not contain security-related errors. 

answered

Here a new reaction form support Mendix:

Hi Wouter,

Thank you for the follow up.While there is no update from our RnD team regarding this case, we identified potential workarounds that may have a positive impact on the performance: 

1. Close the property panel (by default on the right of your screen)

2. Turn off security checks to reduce the error check time

Although these two only serve as a workaround, they can improve your experience, and they can serve as a workaround until we have done more investigation and potential fixes.

When using this workaround, make sure to turn on the security check once before committing, to make sure that your project does not contain security-related errors. 

answered

9.24.10 win 11 same issue, again....

answered

Same here, happens allot, I was able to regain access by pressing ALT + hold TAB, there is a screen which is only showing a bar, close this and then the modeler comes back to life.

answered

I have the same issue on 9.24.10, what works for me that if you press ALT + hold TAB, this shows all the active programs. there is one which only shows a bar with no info. If you close this, Mendix becomes active again.

answered