PDF Document Generation module missing property Enable PDF export

Hello,   I installed the PDF Document Generation module in Mendix Studio Pro 10. Looking at the manual: https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/modules/document-generation/   I only want to test it locally, so running in Mendix Public Cloud isn't necessery (yet) .  I did the configuration as described in step 3. I have Google Chrome installed on the default location. Then I add a page from the ExampleDocument or I use my own page and use the DocumentLayout (DocumentGeneration) as Layout in the properties of the page. DocumentGeneration_Default as is mentioned in the online manual is not available as a Layout. That is correct?   Now, the manual says “In the properties of the page, set the design property Enable PDF export to Yes” and also “Setting the Enable PDF export design property to Yes is required. Otherwise, the PDF document generation action will result in a timeout.”    However, I don't see any property Enable PDF export, neither in my own page, neither in the example-page from PDF Document Generation module. So, how is this going to work? Is the manual accurate? Do I miss something?  
asked
4 answers

Thanks @Roy for your interest in PDF Document Generation. 

"Enable PDF export” is a design property. You need to select "Appearance” tab > then the first property is the one you are looking for. I hope it helps. 

Secondly, you should not able to generate document if the "Enable PDF export” is set to “No”. Can you please verify the design property of the page that were able to export as PDF and let us know?

answered

Nevermind. It works without this property. Thanks anyway.

answered

OMG, that was it. Well, updates are appearing faster than I thought. Thanks!

answered

Hi Pratik,

First of all, the documentation says that I should select DocumentGeneration_Default layout from the _UseMe > Layouts folder. However, I only have DocumentLayout(DocumentGeneration) as an option that somehow is related. 

I don't have PDF-Export as an option in the Design Properties:

I have the idea it is not configured correct at all. 

answered