What do you write in your commit message for pulling external changes after you committed yours?

So to be honest, I still find GIT quite confusing for the part around committing and updating (pushing & pulling).   When I commit (e.g. “Updated flow to save orders”), I can get the message “Your changes have been pushed locally, but there are some changes that have to be pulled first in order to push to the server” (or something like that).   So now I committed my changes and I'm pulling other developer's changes that I have to commit together with my own changes. Whatever I write, I now see two commits, possibly with the identical commit message, if I choose to do so.   What do you write in your commit message for pulling external changes after you committed yours?
asked
1 answers

Hi Sander,

I have been getting the same issue and it bugs me a lot. But what I currently do is I write in my message that I am committing locally. As an example, I just write: Local commit of work. The I pull the changes and resolve any conflicts before I commit again and push to the server. 

Hopefully this process gets improved in the future.

answered