Email Connector SMTP Error

Hello, I am getting an SMTP error when trying to send any emails using the new email connector module. It comes up with this error every time I either run it from a microflow or try to send any test emails to myself. I have tried re-installing the module for the email connector, but I still seem to be getting the same issue, has anyone come across this before?   Failed to send an email to: example@hotmail.com an error occurred in the SendEmail java action : smtp Stacktrace : com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.datahub.connector.email.utils.EmailConnectorException: EC0x043: Error while sending mails.    at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by:com.mendix.datahub.connector.email.utils.EmailConnectorException: EC0x043: Error while sending mails.    at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by:EC0x043: Error while sending mails.    at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by:EC0x043: Error while sending mails.    at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by:Failed to send email [Subject: 'Test'], reason: Third party error    at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110) Caused by:smtp    at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:110)   Many thanks
asked
4 answers

Hi Stephan, will you need it all as there is 30/40 different stack trace entries?

answered

Hi Daniel,

I was also facing same issue and I tried below steps. You can also try these steps.

• Remove any orphaned JAR files (including javax.mail-1.6.2.jaractivation-1.1.jar, and commons-email.jar) from any old email modules in the userlib subdirectory.
  • Clean the deployment directory.

https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/modules/email-connector/#prerequisites

answered

The error message is "Caused by: org.simplejavamail.mailer.internal.MailerException: Was unable to connect to SMTP server". 

This implies that your SMTP settings are probably not correct in the setup of Email Connector. I would look again there and double check they match what your email provider has given you.

Good luck!

answered

Are you using any third party SMTP server provider or you have setup SMTP server yourself? If you're using third party, I will suggest you to use SMTPget or iDealSMTP.

answered