Shutting down server takes 2 full minutes

In Mx 10.6.5: During restarting the app, Studio regularly is showing a blocking popup "Shutting down server" for two full minutes, before asking "Force quit?". Is there any way to prevent this waiting period? Or do we just have wait for a fix?
asked
3 answers

This also happens on Mx 9.24.21 

After months of facing this issue suddenly it did not happen anymore, but after switching to a complete new laptop (with a fresh Windows) it started to appear again/

I have no clue why, also  Mendix support could so far not help with this issue.

answered

I also have this issue now and then, but did not find a pattern.

When it takes too long i sometimes kill the running java process manually via the task manager. That forces the shutdown immediately and i never notices any negative effects of doing this.

answered

Hey Tim van Steenbergen,

That happening because you have taskqueue runing in background and application is waiting for finishing, only solution that I found is by killing the them with CMD, you can use following steps

CMD-> jps this will give you all JVM that are running on your machine  -> find jvm with name Program and execute next line taskkill /f /pid numberOfPid and it's will instantly kill jvm 

Note: some time in list you will also see gradle that will need to be killed too

best regards, Slavko

answered