Pdf : How to fetch stored pdf files

Hi,   I am trying to retrieve all the pdf files stored in server.(path:  /deployment/data/files) Observation was pdf is in encrypted format and actual pdf generated out of mendix is unavailable. Could anyone please assist me how can i get these files?    
asked
3 answers

If you want to export the PDF's you have several options.

You can download them from the user interface with the download file activity in a MF. You could even do a batch export with a Java action that zips a bunch of files and then downloads them.

When your application runs on premise you can export files to the file system of the server. For this you would again need a java action.

You could also use web services, you could for instance call a webservice from a document management system to drop the PDFS in there. Alternatively you could publish a web service that can be called by an external application to get the PDF files.

Another alternative would be a sftp server, in the appstore a module exists with which you can import and export files from a sftp server. Note that you will have to host the sftp server somewhere.

answered

You need to use the Mendix entity System.FileDocument in order to determine which file is a pdf en which one is not based on the filename.

Or you could use a java action which determine the type based on the content

answered

I mean to say here.When I generate pdf automatically it gets stored in this path.

But not in pdf format.

Its one of the requirement that they need all the pdf files generated out of mendix.

answered