What are the best practices to take over a Mx app build by someone else?

Hi guys,   Building an app with a blank domain model is may the best case scenario to begin to develop a Mx app for a business engineer...but what if the Mx app is already been build by more parties, with different intentions and app is getting a more important role than before. As the crowd may know there could be a lot of surprise when the existing party hands over the app without any documentation about the architecture and important and may be surprising stuff (duhh you got the whole app in front of you)...but I think it would be very handy to have a standard Mendix checklist for taking an app over and noticing the remarkable stuff in the app to inform the customer clearly that we take over the Mx app under these conditions. So therefore I am wondering where you guys look at it and for why,/other best practices when taking an existing Mx app over from other parties? (Is there somewhere any documentation about such a case..)   1 - Check non-native features and widgets 2 - Clean domain model 3 - Clean microflows 4 - Clean integrations -> No (different custom java coded integrations 5 - Standard modules -> No customized modules   thanks
asked
3 answers

Hi Enzo,

When I pick up a project that someone else has started, I look for unnecessarily complex UI constructions, including unnecessary refreshes in the microflows and a large number of attributes retrieved over association on the page.  I see you don't have pages or UI in your checklist.

Rob

answered

Both Mendix and Appronto have tools that are able to scan the quality or maintainability of a Mendix project. 

answered

Hi Enzo,

At Appronto we provide indeed multiple options to help you review the quality of any Mendix application. Ranging from a one-time PoC, to a full appliction review upto a full service round year quality review of any Mendix application. Based on both the ISO 25010 quality stadard as well as a broad range of Mendix Best Practices. You can read more about it here: https://www.appronto.nl/omnext-fit-test-4-mendix?lang=en

In case you would like to know anything, just send me a private message.

Best regards, Bas. 

answered