Can I add a dataview to a layout?

I have an application that has some 60 pages that all have the same sets of dynamic component in a dataview. The dataview is dependent on the Page Parameter. To simplify the page, I would like to move this dataview to a page layout. Is this possible?
asked
3 answers

Hans,

No, you can't use a Dataview in a Layout if that Dataview is dependent on the page parameter.  You can use a Dataview in a Layout if it has a Microflow source, which may address your use case.  To do this, put a Dataview in a Snippet, give that Dataview a Microflow datasource, and include the Snippet in a Layout.

If you want to share some more details about what you are trying to accomplish, perhaps the community could suggest some approaches that could help you.

Mike

answered

This workaround with a snippet works in 2023

answered

I have a screen design that uses a menu and a main area. The main area displays the current object.

The menu is context dependent (i.e. for its rendering it requires knowledge of the curent object in the main area).

Currently the menu is a snippet that is replicated over most of the pages in my app. Now we want to change the menu object for another one (and also, we want to change the invocation of the menu snippet). This will require changing some 60 dataviews, because the snippet is used on all 60 pages. To avoid this for the future, I would like to move the context dependent menu into the layout of the page. This way I would have to make only one change.

answered