How to Configure email function (in 7.5.1)??

Dear Mendix Community: I want to add "sending and receiving" emails function to my modeler. So far I have tried SMTP, but I am using Mendix 7.5.1 which can't support SMTP, so I have installed "E-mail module with templates", but I really don't know how to use it. Is there any other easy-to-use email modules that I can use for? Thank you so much for your kindly help!
asked
4 answers

Hi Zinjie,

To send an e-mail the right module to use is the e-mail module with templates.  The following guide is also applicable to the Email Module with Templates:

https://docs.mendix.com/howto/extendability/install-and-configure-the-smtp-module

This is the recommended way to send e-mails in Mendix.  What issues are you having specifically with configuring that module?

answered

Hi Xinjie,

1. Install the 'Email Module with Templates' (This has SMTP settings in the configuration pages).
  2. Create a new page and add the 'EmailTemplate.Administration' snippet from the EmailTemplate > _USE_ME > Functional > Snippets Folder
  3. Launch your app and configure your SMTP settings under 'Settings'
    1. You can send a test email here to confirm SMTP is working
  4. Create a copy of the 'Sub_CreateAndQueuedEmail' Microflow from the EmailTemplate > _USE_ME > _Examples folder and put it into your module with an appropriate name
  5. Update your new Microflow the appropriate Parameter for your email template (example, change 'Order' to some other Object)
    1. This Microflow requires that you pass an Email Template Parameter and the Object that you will be basing your Email Template off of, example 'Order'. 
  6. Create a button or call the Microflow when you want to send an email.  In the Microflow, perform a 'Retrieve' from Database with Range of 'First' and use an XPATH constraint to select your 'Template Name' (This will be created on your front end administrator snippet). Example [TemplateName = 'MyFirstEmailTemplate']
  7. Pass the EmailTemplate and Object into the Copied Microflow from Step 4.
  8. Make sure you create your email template on the front end with the same name as your XPATH constraint. 

answered

I wanted to test the email configuration, but this is the error message that I got after I setted up the gmail configuration, Can you please help me solve this issue? Thanks a lot!

com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Key should not be empty at Encryption.Encrypt (Error : '') at EmailTemplate.BCo_EmailSettings (SubMicroflow : 'Encrypt') at {"before":[{},{}],"action":{"type":"CommitAction"},"after":[],"type":"EventExtendedAction"} at EmailTemplate.IVK_SaveEmailSettings (Change : 'Change 'EmailSettings' ') Advanced stacktrace: at EmailTemplate.IVK_SaveEmailSettings (Change : 'Change 'EmailSettings' ') Advanced stacktrace: at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowUtil.processException(MicroflowUtil.java:143) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Key should not be empty at Encryption.Encrypt (Error : '') at EmailTemplate.BCo_EmailSettings (SubMicroflow : 'Encrypt') at {"before":[{},{}],"action":{"type":"CommitAction"},"after":[],"type":"EventExtendedAction"} at EmailTemplate.IVK_SaveEmailSettings (Change : 'Change 'EmailSettings' ')

answered

I used to send email using email template module , however recently due to DMARC domain restriction I am not able to send the emails . How do we resolve the spf/dkim/dmarc setup issue..

answered