Mendix Modeler keeps crashing

Hi I am fairly new to Mendix. I am using Modeler 7.8.0 on a project. IT happens to me a lot today, when I tried to open the project, it shows the following error, If I keep opening it, whenever I tried to do something, it will crash. Anyone know why?   Thanks  Ping
asked
4 answers

Hi Ping,

This happens to me when my modeler crashes or I force quit out of it. I always click open anyway and everything works fine for me. 

answered

Hi Ping,

When you see that message, it means that the lock file exists in the Mendix Project Directory.  This is a file that is created every time you start up the Mendix modeler and it is invisible in the file system.  It is very similar to lock files used by other programs like excel.  If Mendix crashes or is force quit, then the lock file is not properly cleaned up and you will get this message.  If you don't have Mendix open in another modeler, then it is save to hit 'Open Anyway'

It sounds like there is a bigger problem, however; Mendix keeps crashing.  When you open up Mendix, are you getting a crash when you try to create new pages or microflows? Is it crashing when you try to run the modeler?  What message do you see when it crashes?  Is there an error window that says 'Mendix has encountered an error...' That screen has a 'more details' button that will show a stacktrace that can provide more information about what may be going wrong.

answered

It happened when I tried to add a new entity in domain model. When I typed in the name of the new entity, it crashes.

Sometimes, I did end task to terminate a "javaw.exe". I looked for any lock file under my Mendix project folder and didn't find any. Was it hidden?

Now, it worked fine. It just happens sometimes to me, I am trying to figure out why.

answered

Today, I tried to commit.

As soon as I typed anything in the Message box, Mendix modeler just hang there.

I tried to re install Mendix modeler 7.8.0 , still not helping

answered