Page With Button To Scroll Through Records

Hi – In short, can a “next” and “previous” button work on a Data View that comes up from a Data Grid? Below more details: I have a form that pops open once a user selects a row from a data grid, that shows more detail of the row the user selected. I’ve seen posts like https://community.mendix.com/link/questions/88846 that explain how to add a Next and Previous button to scroll through records. Does this approach still work if I’m using a layout grid that comes up after a data grid selection? I’m confused which approach would be best. The workflow would be something like: User selects row from data grid [Done] Page with layout grid embedded in data view appears [Done] User selects “Next” or “Previous” on layout grid to show details of next/previous record [Not Sure how best to implement this one? I will try microflow?
asked
2 answers

In your current implementation, once you reach the detail page, you no longer have the list accessible anywhere. So, question about your data: given a single record, is it easy for you to determine which item would be next/previous? 

If so, a microflow for the next and previous buttons would work well here. If not, your best bet might be to use a master/detail view where you keep the data grid on the left side of the page while showing the detail on the right. There are other solutions using a microflow to source your data grid as well if necessary. Let me know if we need to go that route and I can provide some guidance.

answered

hi Eric – thanks for those tips. I decided to go the list view route …

answered