Filter a DataList by an associated entity attribute

Hi, I have spent a lot of time already on this and can’t find a solution in any of the Mendix Docs I have looked at. I want to filter a list of tasks in one entity by an attribute from an associated entity. E.g. A list of tasks will be for repair to one particular seat and any individual task can only be associated with one seat. I have attached my Domain Model. What I want to do is … List all tasks initially Have a filter that allows a user to select the SeatCode they want the tasks listed for and refresh the list according to their choice. Are there any Docs that describe a similar ‘How to’ for this scenario. Thanks for your help. Gareth.
asked
4 answers

Domain model and Datalist

answered

As i understood you need to filter your list based on the Seat , there are several ways for that but here is one :

- Make an outer dataview “Task” either as page parameter or from Microflow > just create new object from Task.

- Inside it put a reference selector for the “Seat”.

- Make an inner dataview “Seat” by association with the outer one  “Task”.

- Put your list in the inner datavew , use xpath or Microflow as your Datasource , for xpath

[MyFirstModule.Task_Seat = '[%CurrentObject%]'] 

But if you want to display all the Tasks initially on load , use a Microflow and check the passed object to it .

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Sufian.

answered

Screen shots as per my response

answered

Hi Sufian,

Thanks for your help with this. I’m not getting it to work but will try again tomorrow. The XPath is the problem as it doesn’t recognise the constraint and when I save the final list view, it remains as an unknown source. Please see attached image ...

answered