Calypso on Parallels not working properly

Hi there, My dev environment is Parallels on a Mac and I am running a project in Mendix 8.7 with Calypso and Visual Studio Code installed on the Windows machine. Now have I followed the instruction https://docs.mendix.com/howto/front-end/calypso and running the app locally, but the styling is not changed on the fly. So I don’t see the changed in the main.css nor do I see the changes in the browser. While Calypso is mentioning changes in the files: File styles\web\sass\app\_custom-variables.scss has changed. Injected _custom-variables.scss in the browser.   Anyone bumped into this problem as well? And how did you solved it? Kind regard.  
asked
2 answers

Hi Wouter,

Please double check the port Calypso is using when you start it. Sometimes it takes another port if 1111 is taken. Normally this would be 1112, or if that one is also taken, port 1113 etc.

You could also try to empty your browser cache (and check the cache settings).

Alternatively you could also use Calypso on your mac if the files you are changing are also on your mac (your Mendix app). If you do this, don’t forget to forward port 1111 from parallels to your mac.

answered

Hi Wouter,

Make sure that you are running your app in the port that is used for the Calypso injection. try to clean your project directory and re-build it

I ran into this issue as well but usually it just ‘fixes itself’. It is not necessarily an issue with your Parallels setup

answered