Information flow | Mendix app

Hi, i built a Mendix app which works fine. I have 4 pages and 8 microflows. I like microflows, because they visulize very well how the logic is connected and how the data flows. My question is, if there is something similar on app level? I have pages which get data from microflows and microflows are calling pages as well and i quickly loose oversight over the broder data flow and linkage between pages. Does anybody else have this issue? I know there are the user stories but i havent used them yet. Would be glad for some input. Cheers.
asked
2 answers

You have a good point. Personally i consider this to be a weaker spot in Mendix: you migth loose oversight in where the user is in particular business process constisting of multiple forms, decisions and flows. This is the way Mendix logic is organised.

You can still maintain overview by implementing good naming conventions and by logical grouping of your pages and microflows in modules and folders. https://docs.mendix.com/howto/general/dev-best-practices

After some time you will get used to it and it becomes second nature. It also has it advantages in terms of easy reusability of microflows.

answered

Ok thanks!

answered