Native Mobile App Development Integration with Teamcenter

Hello, How do we create a native mobile application using Mendix that allows us to generate and retrieve custom items and their revisions from Teamcenter? I have successfully built a web application with Mendix where I can create and retrieve custom items in Teamcenter. However, I'd like to know if it's possible to accomplish the same functionality in a native mobile app. Additionally, I have a question regarding TcConnector Activities not appearing in the Native Mobile app Nanoflow Toolbox. As I am utilizing the native navigation profile, I cannot use microflows, which may explain why these activities are not visible.
asked
1 answers

TcConnector and Native mobile (offline first) have opposite philosophies and you will have to reconciliate them.

On one hand, the TcConnector works from the backend with microflow, and manage Non Persistable Entities. The good thing about it is that by design, you connect to Teamcenter without duplicating the data, so you don't compromise the single source of truth.

On the other hand, native mobile are "offline first", executed in the frontend with nanoflow and offline synchronization requires persistable data.

To reconciliate the two, as a developper you need to develop a "TeamcenterCaching" logic that store the Teamcenter metadata into persistable entities. This logic should typically be triggered during synchronization, to do that you can use entity event like "before/after commit".

Flow 

1. TcConnector return Non Persistable entities
  2. Your login transforms Non Persistable entitites into persistable entities
  3. Device synchronization manage persistable entities into local device cache.
answered