Mendix Provided Application Code review tool (ACR) - Mendix Forum

Mendix Provided Application Code review tool (ACR)

It would be great if mendix comes up with some ACR tool, currently we have ACR tool but it is 3rd party.

asked
3 answers

Thanks for sharing Vinicius. 

i’m the creator of mendix-cli. @Adam is it possible to share your rules with the community? Mendix-cli and its policies are community driven and owned. 

Created

Yes, indeed looks very promising. See:

https://github.com/cinaq/mendix-cli-extension

(status as of 2024/08 - Mx10.12.2)

• This extension uses mendix-cli tool behind the scenes
  • Policies are cached inside of .mendix-cache/policies folder of your project
  • You can add or modify policies inside of the cache folder
  • mendix-cli is cached inside of .mendix-cache as well. You can sideload your version if desired
  • Current UX is not fantastic yet. Mostly due to spawning heavy process to export and check the model.

credits to Xiwen Cheng and mauritselzinga-mx

Created

So this is something I've been looking into quite a bit for our team.

They have best practice bot which is supposed to help, and from word of mouth I've heard they are also introducing a security bot as well.

We had a look at a few 3rd party solutions (there were 3) and agreed ACR is probably the best however we weren't comfortable sharing repos externally due to ethical walls we have with clients.

In the end.... I ended up developing our own solution that runs 100+ rules on all of our apps. It was actually pretty easy to get going with the Mendix Model SDK and Platform SDK. That plus all the mendix APIs (like marketplace) lets us look for installed module versions and see if they're up to date etc...

I did see on LinkedIn a while ago someone was making an open source solution that let you specify your own rules to go into the tool but I can't remember what it's called but looked promising.

Created