Enable Maia to propose/write our unit tests (via the unit test module) - Mendix Forum

Enable Maia to propose/write our unit tests (via the unit test module)

I think Mendix is hitting the ball really well when it comes to both 'intelligent app'-development through A.I. and the Mendix ML Kit and A.I. development support via Maia. Maia is improving quite rapidly and can almost build entire apps via a prompt. What I would think can come in handy is well as a developer (and as a customer), is that Maia can propose/create unit tests for your Mendix project.

This could benefit both the developer community and the customer base in two ways:

1. As a developer, you feel supported by Maia and at the same time, you receive feedback on your coding through unit tests (as unit testing often guides you in writing your code as clean as possible, allowing you to grow as a developer). It gains you time as a developer as well.
  2. It gains the customer time even so, as auto-generated unit tests via Maia can reduce the lead-time of a project. Committing to the promise we make with Mendix towards our customer base: faster deployment/faster development.

Looking forward to feedback. I am more than willingly to help with this as well.

Kind regards,

Leander

asked
4 answers

Feed Maia your user story (well written stories contain scenarios) and point her to your code. She should be able to generate at least boilerplate UTs that you may then extend further.

Created

My colleague and I were discussing about this some days back , Really much needed feature !

Created

Can't wait to use this (upcoming) feature!

Created

Great idea! 

Created