Performance Tuning

Hi – does anyone have any general strategies/tips for tuning an Mendix app? I have a page with charts and MF’s for reporting, and I’m trying to see what can be done to trim the page load time. Thanks
asked
2 answers

There are some nice blog posts about performance: https://www.mansystems.com/blog/how-to-speed-up-your-mendix-app-part-1

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Most important, see if you can narrow down the chart or mf that causes the main part of waiting. First thing that comes to mind is to use lazy loading. You can try to ease the first load by only showing the light charts and mf’s in a tab. Make the others hide in another tab. If I am not mistaken these will only start after opening the tab.

If it is a microflow taking its time, certainly for a report, probably a database retrieve takes a long time. If that retrieve is not straightforward but somewhat complex then it can be an option to use OQL or even create your own SQL. More often than not they are faster compared to the MBS.

I would love to see more tips here, since performance is not Mendix’ strong suit.

answered