Structure my test scripts

Hello all, I have created a lot different test script for our app, so much I am having trouble keeping them seperated. So I want to structure my tests in ATS, what is the best way to do this?
asked
1 answers

All test scripts in ATS are stored in the repository. In the repository, you can create folders to structure your tests. To achieve the best results, you need to follow these guide lines:

• Use a naming convention for your test cases, for example: TC_Administrator.001.01
  • Create a structure for testing upfront, for example: Sort your test cases by user role and after that by navigation item. The main folder would be ‘Administrator’, the subfolder ‘Configuration.001’.
  • All test scripts within a folder should be covered by a test suite. A test suite doesn’t store the test scripts, but links a test script so it can be executed. The main folder should have a test suite that links all test suites in the subfolders. And last there should be a test suite that links all the test suites in the main folder, for example: TS_Full regression.
  • By following these guidelines, you will create a pyramid structure that will execute all your test scripts. You will only have to execute the overall test suite to test your entire application.
answered