Does m2ee yaml file for Redhat Linux always need to contain all of MicroflowConstants in project even if I just want their default values?

Does m2ee yaml file for Redhat Linux always need to contain all of MicroflowConstants in project even if I just want their default values? I used several static constants that would not change from one enviroment to another. So i was thinking that I dont need to re-assign any value to them when i deploy in Test and Stage. But m2ee is forcing me to assign every constant a value and would not default them to the value i had in modeller. Any suggestion to avoid re-assigning all constants to keep yaml short?
asked
1 answers

Hi Abhijit,

You do need to define each of your constants in the yaml file. I'm not sure why exactly and I think you have a good point, since I know defaults are stored in the Mendix model. Luckily you should only need to do this setup once and then copy the configuration to other environments.

Perhaps you could organize the yaml file in such a way that it is obvious which constants are intended to change per environment, and which should be static? For exmaple, list all of your "static" constants first, then add a comment, then add the "dynamic" ones.

answered