Is there any way to step through tests on the ATS

I am currently debugging a test and it's really time consuming to have to run full test every time i want to check just 1 step in a test case is there a way that i can step through a test case one step at a time.   Mike
asked
5 answers

Regarding having to run test cases over and over again, the first thing I do myself i I run into a situation like this, where the use of the ATS helper doesn't seem to be enough (I assume you use it), is to open the browser's console and try to find the right selector with a short jQuery statement. For instance, if you try to find/assert/use an Element called 'actionButton1', the actuel HTML class will be 'mx-name-actionButton1', so you can try to find it in the console with " $('.mx-name-actionButton1') ". More often than not, you will see that there are multiple elements with the same name (although the best practice is using unique, descriptive names for your elements). You will then need to A) try to convince the developer to use unique names, or B) find a unique selector for the element, by combining with a parent selector. In the end, you will find a unique selector, which you can then use in ATS. This way of finding the right selector works much faster then rerunning test cases, especially if they are long. 

For more info, see the following sections in the ATS documentation: 
https://docs.mendix.com/ats/howtos/ht-version-2/increase-recorder-helper-coverage-2
https://docs.mendix.com/ats/howtos/ht-version-2/create-custom-actions-2

It might also be the case that you are trying to achieve something for which we have better suited actions, but I cannot tell without having a look at the app and the ATS test case(s). Please contact support in case you are having doubts about whether or not you are using the right actions, if the solutions above don't work for you or if you just need a bit of help. For this, you can contact Mendix Support or Mansystems Support directly at support@mansystems.nl

With kind regards,

Joris van der Heijden
ATS consultant @ mansystems

answered

.ti kcilc ot mees t'nac i tub ssalc eht dnuof i os ti ees ton sedo repleh sta eth ,pupop a no kcilc ot gniyrt ma i si lepmaxe erhotnA .tenmele eht gnidinif ton sti yhw tou krow ton nac I .hcraes detamotua na erggirt neht dleif a otni atad emos gniertne ertfa ni ertne sserp si od ot gniyrt ma i taht gniht enO

answered

typing comes out backwards

answered

when i try to type it comes out backwards i have to paste in from notepadwhen i try to type it comes out backwards i have to paste in from notepad

answered

hello, so basically, i am trying to find an element then press the enter key in that element, i can't see if i have go the right element and it's not working, likewise i am trying to click on a popup and cant seem to find the ok button on the pop up via referencing an element .

answered