Is it possible to add buttons or checkboxes to Mendix Grid?

I wanted to add a checkboxes to my table grid when editing. Or a toggle button where they could used it as marking to specific row.
asked
2 answers

Hi Edward,

As Andreas said, checkboxes are currently not possible within the default data grid. What you can do however, is set the ‘Selection mode’ of the default data grid to ‘Simple multi-selection’. This gives you a similar behavior, you can now select several lines (they will be highlighted/marked by clicking). The selected lines can then be used as the input of an action button you add to the grid. In order to do so, create a microflow/nanoflow which has a parameter of type ‘List’ for the entity you use in the data grid.

Hope this helps!

answered

This is currently not possible on a default datagrid. You could use a listview or template grid and style it to look like a datagrid. In those widgets you can do stuff like that. But it all depends on your usecase.

From what I have seen at Mendixworld, there will be a new grid that can do that. But I guess that will be a Mendix 9 feature and nobody knows when there will be a stable version of Mendix 9.

answered