error while establishing a connection with OPC-UA server

Hi everyone, I want to test the OPC-UA client module and have already prepared the set up for that. When I test the server connection status it says “successful” but when I try to read or browse the nodes it throws an error. Could anyone help me out here?   com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: UaException: status=Bad_SessionClosed, message=The session was closed by the client.     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase.executeSync(ActionManagerBase.java:156) Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: UaException: status=Bad_SessionClosed, message=The session was closed by the client.     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:30) Caused by: UaException: status=Bad_SessionClosed, message=The session was closed by the client.     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:395)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:1999)     at opcuaclientmx.actions.OpcUaRead.executeAction(OpcUaRead.java:50)     at opcuaclientmx.actions.OpcUaRead.executeAction(OpcUaRead.java:25)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:49)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase$1.execute(ActionManagerBase.java:147)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:26)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase.executeSync(ActionManagerBase.java:152)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.execute(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:30)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:56)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:32)     at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.scala:29)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.$anonfun$executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary$2(MicroflowImpl.scala:172)     at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:172)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.scala:119)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:49)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.DefaultActionMonitor$.$anonfun$run$1(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:18)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction$$anon$1.execute(IMonitoredAction.scala:47)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:26)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction.monitor(IMonitoredAction.scala:49)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction.monitor$(IMonitoredAction.scala:25)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CustomMonitoredAction.monitor(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:22)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.DefaultActionMonitor$.run(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:18)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.runMonitoredAction(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:60)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:47)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$execute$1(ActionManager.scala:118)     at scala.concurrent.Future$.$anonfun$apply$1(Future.scala:672)     at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$Transformation.run(Promise.scala:431)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) Caused by: status=Bad_SessionClosed, description=The session was closed by the client.     at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.session.SessionFsmFactory.lambda$configureInactiveState$1(SessionFsmFactory.java:160)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)  
asked
1 answers

Hi Josh,

opening both, the mendix studio and the OPC-UA server with the administrative rights solved the problem for me. If this doesn’t work out for you then I suggest you try it out with “ OPCUA server simulator”. I tested this server simulator and it works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Manish

answered