HELP! Slow Data View Performance

I have a data view with a microflow running as data source. Microflow retrieves an entity with ~6,000 objects  and returns a list. Data view displays only 4-5 of the fields of this entity Microflow runs pretty fast (I placed a breakpoint at the end of the microflow) Data view shows 20 items per page and a total of ~5700 data takes 10-15 seconds to populate but once data is populated, the whole UI is pretty sluggish. Any recommendations on how to improve performance? is there a way of only loading the 20 items in the page for the user and then loading the next 20 items when the user goes to the next page?   
asked
2 answers

Thank you for the reply Stephan, I am actually using a data grid.

Here is a screenshot of Chrome’s performance but I have no idea how to interpret this.

answered

Hi Alex,

Retrieving those amount of objects and publish them in a datagrid is never a very smart idea. It will consume indeed a lot time and memory.

Why don’t you use database or xpath to retrieve your data from the database? If you are required for some reason to use the microflow, then you should create a pagination.

And you can of course use limit and offset to retrieve smaller amounts of objects. 

Hope this helps you

answered