Tab container dataview uneditable when switchinig back and forth

I have a tab container that contains an editable dataview. The default tab refreshes when shown. The first time I visit the tab it shoes editable textboxes as expected with all my values. if I click and go to another tab and THEN go back to the first tab, all the textboxes are disabled. I actually use the DOM inspector on my brower and see that the “Disabled” attribute is in the input element. This makes no sense. The data is there. it was committed. Why would this happen?    If I set it to NOT refresh-on-show and I go back and forth between the tabs, it’s fine. it only happens when I have tabs set as “refresh on show”. The data IS committed.   Edit: I tried making BOTh tabs “refresh on show”. The first time I click them to show it’s fine. BOTH tabs have this behavior, though, where they become uneditable when clicking the second time regardless of they’re default or not
asked
2 answers

What type of input style do you have for your dataview? and can you see the data you filled in before?

Is it a page parameter or is it based on a database retrieve/association?

I suspect that when you re-enter the tab, the dataview is unable to find the object you were working on and thus results in an empty (and therefor uneditable) dataview.

If above answer does not clearify, feel free to post some images of your modeler view and browser view :)

Hope this helps and we will find the solution!

answered

FYI I seem to have “fixed” it, but it doesn’t feel right. The two entities had a 1 to 1 association., so technically I didnt need the child dataview since I could traverse the child entity in the dataview of the parent object. Once I took the textboxes out of the child dataview and put them (in the tabs) and changed the data source to start from the parent and work its way to the child, the problem didnt exist.

Technically this worked. But I just feel like there may be a situation where I need to use a dataview which would cause me to have this problem again.

answered