How to display non-persistent values in dropdown or reference selector

I am importing data through REST. I want to save it as non-persistant. The relevant JSON looks like this:   {        "Name": "stringParam1",        "Value": "op1",        "valueLimited": true,        "valueOptions": [  "op1", "op2", "op3" ], "ValueDefault": "op1"      }   My domain model now looks like this (by using auto import mapping):   I want to add a drop-down list or reference selector (or similar), so the user can select an option.   When user makes a selection, I want to trigger a microflow and save the selected option into the "Value" field on the "StringParameter" entity.   The reasoning is that if ValueLimited=false, I will display a standard text-field for the Value. But if ValueLimited=true, I will display the dropdown instead, and save the selection to the Value field.   I have tried a bunch of things, it seems to be possible with a reference selector, but I cannot figure out how to configure it properly. Currently I cannot even display the options in any way...
asked
2 answers

I have spent multiple days on this now, and I finally found a solution that works, even if it probably is a bit ugly.

I used the "dropdown container" widget. In it I have a listview, which have data source as a microflow. In it I retrieve the option entities, and return the list. I then display the attribute I need in a text field, next to it I add a button. The button triggers another microflow which gets the option entity as parameter, here I save the option into my main value attribute.

image.png

answered

Create a Non-Persistent Entity:

• Create a non-persistent entity that represents the data you want to display in the dropdown.

Create a Microflow to Retrieve Data:

• Create a microflow that retrieves the data you want to display in the dropdown. Use the "Retrieve" action to fetch the non-persistent entity instances.

Create a Microflow to Populate Dropdown Options:

• Create another microflow that will be used to populate the options for the dropdown. Inside this microflow, use the "Create Object" activity to create instances of the non-persistent entity and set their attributes based on the data retrieved in the previous microflow.

Use the Dropdown Widget:

• In your Mendix page, add a Dropdown widget.
  • Configure the dropdown to use the non-persistent entity as its data source.
  • Use the microflow created in step 3 to populate the options for the dropdown.

Trigger Microflows on Page Load or Events:

• Trigger the microflows created in steps 2 and 3 when the page loads or when a relevant event occurs, such as a button click.

Set the Selected Value:

• If you need to set a default or initial value, use another microflow to set the selected value of the dropdown.
answered