Passing Parameters - Page 1 - Page 2- Page 3

Hi Friends Very new to Mendix and I have a basic question, how, can we pass a value among three screens;  For example: Screen 1 - select a country  Screen 2 - select a state in country, which was selected already screen 3 -  List all the cities for that selected state.   How to do this ? Do I need to use MicroFlows or can this be done without it?        
asked
2 answers

Hi Nandakumar, I would setup a domain model like the below, and have the following structure:

Screen 1: Context is LocationEntryHelper, with a listview/etc to pick a Country. When the Country is picked, run a microflow to set the LocationEntryHelper_Country association, then show:

Screen 2: Context is LocationEntryHelper, with a dataview showing Country over association LocationEntryHelper_Country, which shows a list of all States associated with that Country. When the State is picked, run a microflow to set the LocationEntryHelper_State association, then show:

Screen 3: Context is LocationEntryHelper, with a dataview showing State over association LocationEntryHelper_State, which shows a list of all Cities associated with that State. When the City is picked, run a microflow to set the LocationEntryHelper_City association, then process your LocationEntryHelper entity, which now has the correct values for City, State, and Country.

If you can use reference selectors, you can also use the Selectable objects tab in a listview/etc to filter available options, which will restrict the values you see in each drop down based on some other condition, and just show a different dropdown on each page, with the same context (your root data)

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Conner

Edit:

-----

Screen 1:

SelectCountryGoToNextPage MF:

Screen 2:

Context: LocationEntryHelper, with Listview sourced from microflow. Listview has onclick microflow

answered

Hi 

Thank you.

How to do the following? 

"When the Country is picked, run a microflow to set the LocationEntryHelper_Country association

answered