Different CSS if the field is editable and non-editable (read-only and read-write doesnt work correctly)

I would like to change the CSS settings of the editable field to add a currency symbol at the end.   And it seems very simple, I create the code: .currency-field { text-align: right; position: relative; } .currency-field input { padding-right:27px; text-align:end; } .currency-field:before { position: absolute; content:"€"; padding-top: 9px; padding-right: 9px; top: 0; right: 5px; } And in the field everything works fine and looks correct. However, when the field is no longer editable (editable = false) then the currency position is incorrect. I understand that the easiest way to do this would be to separate it - different position values for a field in an editable and non-editable state, but how do I identify this state in CSS? I've tried .currency-field:read-only and for the non-editable attribute it works but :read-write doesn't show the currency in the editable field at all as in the image below (I deliberately didn't fix the currency position in :read-only yet) For such a code .currency-field:read-write ::before { position: absolute; content:"€"; padding-top: 9px; padding-right: 9px; top: 0; right: 5px; } .currency-field:read-only ::before { position: absolute; content:"€"; padding-top: 9px; padding-right: 9px; top: 0; right: 5px; } Gives such an effect Any ideas on how to change the CSS?
asked
3 answers

Ok, I discovered that Text Box simply turns into text when changing the display format of a non-editable field to ‘Text’. To add currency to the end of this text you need to override the 'form-control-static' css style

.currency-field .form-control-static::after{
     content:"€";
}

which has the correct effect.

But there is still the issue of the editable field. Of course, I can override the currency-field superclass but then that also affects what I've fixed - it just adds an extra currency symbol and that's even logical.

The complete code then looks like this

.currency-field {
  text-align: right;
      position: relative;
}

.currency-field input {
     padding-right:27px;
     text-align:end; 
 }

.currency-field .form-control-static::after{
}

.currency-field:before {
    position: absolute;
    padding-top: 9px;
    padding-right: 9px;
    top: 0;
    right: 5px;
}

So I'm wondering what class to override so that, like in 'form-control-static', only the class element that applies to this box is changed.

I tried of course with 'form-control' but overriding that class with ::before has no effect, so I'm betting it must be a higher class. I've also tested what happens when I add this to the mx-textbox class but that also has no effect.

The whole call comes down to the styles 'mx-name-textBox1 currency-field mx-textbox form-group no-columns' and in the next step to 'form-control'

<div class="mx-name-textBox1 currency-field mx-textbox form-group no-columns" style="margin-bottom: 0px;">
<input id="187.module.page.textBox1_iqi_20" class="form-control" type="text" mask="" autocomplete="on" value="0,3"></div>

answered

Hi Lukas,

In the marketplace, there is an available input widget that enables the usage of currency symbols. Grouping input digits

answered

The biggest problem with this widget is that it cannot be placed in some other widgets, such as Data Grid. Because of this, I need an alternative solution.

answered