Time display in Date Picker

Is there a way to make a date picker change time format based on country (or just use the browser locale) rather than based on the user's language? This is causing some issues with javascript widgets, because they DO use the browser locale to determine the time format, and then if the person has English (US) selected, but they are in the Netherlands, you get Mendix widgets displaying 2:00 PM and the javascript widget displaying 14:00, which is not really ideal. Is there a simple way around this?/
asked
2 answers

I think the discussion should be if you need the time part when selecting a date? Because setting the localize to No would solve this problem because then the time part is set to 00:00.  And when the time part is important I would solve it by making that visible to the user so the person also can select or change the time.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Ok, I found the answer! If you go to Project Settings, then to Languages, you can set custom formats for Date, Time and DateTime for each language. So, if you want it to still display in dd-MM-yyyy with English (US) selected, you can do that. This just really made my day :) 

answered