Dynamic table viewer

Hi, I am working on a requirement where i have a popup box to select the attributes/column of a entity/table. after selecting some of attributes i will move on to next page and that page should show the selected attributes along with with its data in the table format.  has anyone any idea on that? please help me. thanks in advance!
asked
2 answers

There are two ways that I can think of right now:

1. You can store the selected records in a temporary list, and retrieve the list on your next page. Delete the temporary list once you finish your operation. (There are multiple ways to execute or implement this solution)
  2. You can create a new entity with a boolean attrbute say ‘IsSelected’ and make a one to one association with your main entity. Upon selection mark the boolean as true and set the association. On to your next page retrieve the selected objects. Note that in this case you will have to manage this thing for every user.

answered

- Check MxModelReflection. This will already give you the entity, attribute microflow information from a particular module. With MxModelReflection, you can show the entity and attribute list in a page. Building something from scratch for entity selection might be tedious.

- Regarding the retrieving of data, there could be multiple ways like java action in combination with XPATH or OQL or direct SQL etc., you can choose your own implementation based on the business requirement.

answered