How to create multi level dependencies?

I have the following situaiton: On Level 1 I ask what type of car a customer wants (truck, sports car, family car). On Level 2 (depending on Level 1 response) I ask for the brand, e. g. if they chose sports car, they have the options Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini now (that would not be available for e. g. family car). On Level 3 (depending on Level 2 response) I ask for the color, e. g. red or black (if they chose Ferrari) The problem I have is that Level 2 and Level 3 are their own entities in my domain model (I assume this is good programming style to “normalize” data). However, once I have “outsourced” these data items to their own entities, I can no longer access them in the visibility options (or I am simply to blind to see how). Can anyone give me tip?
asked
1 answers

Hi Philipp,

As per my understanding, you want to constrain the selections based on the previous selection. Right?

So you can use Mendix constrained by option in reference selector to achieve your functionality. I hope this will help you.

https://docs.mendix.com/refguide7/reference-selector/#constrained-by

Thanks and regards,

Vijayabharathi V

answered