Mendix 5 application working in IE11 but not working in IE8

We have migrated our application from Mendix 4.4 to Mendix 5.21.5.The application works fine in IE 11 but not in IE8. It works fine in Google chrome. In IE 8, after putting the username password in the login page and submit, it shows a blank page. There is one error in developer tools console "TypeError: Object doen't support this property or method". We created one sample application( to test Mendix 5 compatibility with IE8) in Mendix 5.21.5 and tested in IE 8 and it worked.  Not sure what is happenong with our origibal application. We even updated all the widgets and removed the unused widgets but no luck.    I copied the html generated in IE 8 which is below- IE 8 code-   <!-- Generated by Developer Tools. This might not be an accurate representation of the original source file --> <HTML class="dj_ie dj_ie8 dj_contentbox"><HEAD><TITLE>Mendix 5</TITLE><LINK rel=stylesheet href="lib/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css?636316957270730527"><LINK rel=stylesheet href="mxclientsystem/mxui/ui/mxui.css?636316957270730527"><LINK rel=stylesheet href="styles/css/lib/lib.css?636316957270730527"><LINK rel=stylesheet href="styles/css/custom/custom.css?636316957270730527"><!-- ICONS EXAMPLE --><!-- iPhone retina icon (iOS < 7) --><!-- <link href="resources/ios/icons/apple-touch-icon-precomposed-114x114.png" sizes="114x114" rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed"> --><!-- STARTUP IMAGES --><!-- <link href="resources/ios/startup/apple-touch-startup-image-1496x2048.png" media="(device-width: 768px) and (device-height: 1024px) and (-webkit-device-pixel-ratio: 2) and (orientation: landscape)" rel="apple-touch-startup-image"> --> <STYLE>INPUT[placeholder] {     BEHAVIOR: url(mxclientsystem/mxui/polyfill/placeholder/ } TEXTAREA[placeholder] {     BEHAVIOR: url(mxclientsystem/mxui/polyfill/placeholder/ } </STYLE> <LINK rel=stylesheet href="http://localhost:8083/mxclientsystem/reporting/ui/base.css?636316957270730527"><LINK rel=stylesheet href="http://localhost:8083/widgets/widgets.css?636316957270730527"><LINK rel=stylesheet href="http://localhost:8083/widgets/widgets.css?636316957270730527"></HEAD> <BODY dir=ltr class="profile-desktop role-acceptance role-completed role-reportsadmin role-poweruser role-support role-dataverification role-clientadministrator role-decline role-reportsclientadmin role-datacapture"> <DIV id=content></DIV> <SCRIPT>             dojoConfig = {                 baseUrl: "mxclientsystem/dojo/",                 cacheBust: "636316957270730527",                 rtlRedirect: "index-rtl.html"             };         </SCRIPT> <SCRIPT>             if (!document.cookie || !document.cookie.match(/(^|;)originURI=/gi))                 document.cookie = "originURI=/login.html";         </SCRIPT> <SCRIPT src="mxclientsystem/mxui/mxui.js?636316957270730527"></SCRIPT> </BODY></HTML>    I think the problem is with mxui.js .There is not content in the above highlighted div.It should have something like this- <DIV id="content"> <DIV class="mx-page"  focus-id="1496078872576-1" focusCycle="true"> <DIV class="mx-placeholder" data-mx-placeholder="main">==$0      
1 answers

I've had this experience going from 5.18 - 5.21.1, we determined the issue was a widget that updated but was causing an issue in certain browsers. I believe it had something to do with a java function not being able to be used.  


I went through each of my widgets until I could figure out what was causing the issue and had to rethink a bit of logic as the wdiget had not been updated in a long time.