Questionnaire Module - Default Answers

Hi all,  RE: The Mendix Questionnaire Module.  In the answers tab, is there a way of setting a default answer that autopoupulates when a new questionnaire is started? Cheers 
asked
5 answers

Hey Trevor,

I dont know exactly what you mean but the types of questions that are being used are.
1. Open Question this has a string as Answer attributeso you can edit the atrribute to have a default string)

2. True False Question has a boolean as attribute. This already has a true or false statement.

3. Date Time here you can also set the default value by eddting the attirbute. ( currentDateTime )

4. Multiple Choice is a different story cause this has a Entity under it.

So what exactly where would you like default settings?

answered

Hi Robert,

First of all, thank you for responding. It is very much appreciated! 

To clarify further;

We are able to set a question with answers (using your example, a True/False question) fine. However, when the questionnaire is started from an End User perspective, the answer drop down is blank, until they select either the True/False statement. Essentially, we wish to have those answers selected with a true/false statement automatically, until the user manually adjusts it. 

To help me explain, the box that I have highlighted in Red does not automatically set as "no"; that requires our intervention. My aim is to have the box auto-populate to "no" (or any other answer, as chosen by us, depending on the question) rather than starting off as a blank box.

I am hoping that makes sense!

Again, your assistance is extremely welcomed from this Mendix User novice! 

Trev

answered

Hey Trevor,

At this moment you cannot do this because the open question doesn’t allow you to enter a string. The only thing you could do is make a default string but this will show in every future OpenQuestion.

If you want to have default values for every open question you would have to add alot more like Attributes for it and all...

If you really want you can do it but alot of work for something small imo.

grtz,

Robert

answered

Hi Robert,

Again, thank you for your help. Hope you had a good weekend?

I think the first option would be okay. How would I make a default string for every future OpenQuestion?

Many thanks

answered

Hi Trevor,

Can't you just extend your 'Setup' object with defaultAnswer attributes? Like, defaultAnswer_String, defaultAnswer_Boolean etc (depending on what the setup and answering options are), which you show in setup mode conditionally (just as other options are probably conditionally visible depending on type of question), and with which you pre-fill the actual answer-attribute when you create the questionnaire and question objects?

answered