Poll: New Homepage Design for Community

Hey Community! We’re in the middle of a full redesign of our developer site. After the new Documentation and Forum we will release a new design of the other tools soon! We’ve made two designs for the homepage and would love to know which you prefer. Design A Design B Simply reply to this message with “design A” or “design B” and let us know why. It is important for us to understand what you want yo get out of the community and feedback like this really helps us out.   Thanks! Jason
asked
20 answers

Design A is visually more appealing and a lot more 'modern' in it's feel.  But Design B gives me more information and feels more categorized which is easier to scan.

If design A could have some slight work on the visual categorization and 'scanability' of the content that'd be my pick. Best of both worlds.

answered

I liked design A the best.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Design B, imo it's much more in line with the current developer sites and learn.mx

answered

I prefer Design B because of the smaller content blocks.

answered

I prefer Design A, cleaner and more modern if you ask me

answered

Design A is way more appealing to the eye, but at first sight it's not very clear where to find what. In design B you very quickly see where to find what, but the styling of it looks a bit outdated.. If I had to choose I'd say design A.

answered

Design A Design A Design A Design A

answered

I think it depends a bit on your goal and from who's perspective you view it. Design B will present the user (developer) with most of the "necessary" info in one view. Staying "up to date" on the various subjects is easier from there.

Nevertheless, I like Design A more, since I don't use the community page in the way I described above. Also in terms of how Mendix could be perceived, this would be a good, professional looking choice. 

answered

I prefer Design A, because it's cleaner but I do like Design B because it's compacter. 

answered

Design B as it is easier and quicker to navigate to certain content. Nice and clean!

answered

Design A looks better, but B is more in line with the other pages. So for uniformity I would suggest going for B

answered

Design B
I can see all the information with much less scrolling

answered

I prefer Design A, but Larn his comment is spot on.

answered

design A

answered

I prefer design B, much more compact.

Information is more compact and you see what you need in a quick glance.

answered

Design B

more compact = less scrolling = faster to my destination

answered

I prefer Design A, more modern, easier to read as there is more space. Design B is outdated and there's too much text in a small space which makes it more difficult to scan over - as I don't read everything.

answered

Even though I like how cool design A looks, my vote goes to B: it provides a quicker/better overview of all options

answered

Design A would be my choice. I do think that the top banner is taking up too much space but overall this looks way more inviting and informative than Design B.

answered

Design A is much better, IMHO, because it gives an alive feeling to the site. Whereas design B seems like mostly static content.

Everything in Design B looks similar so visitor cannot easily differentiate among them.

Although Design A uses more space, it is actually more usable as it clearly differentiates among different section and also provide useful data for each of them.

answered