Enter microflow parameters for simple types that are passed from button - Mendix Forum

Enter microflow parameters for simple types that are passed from button

From a page, you can call a microflow. The entities in that page are automatically passed to the microflow. It would be great if we could manually configure the ‘simple types’ (such as string or enumerations) that are passed to that microflow from that button.

My current use case: I have an Action that has several ActionTypes (enum). I have separate buttons to create new Actions for each ActionType. Currently, I would have to create a separate microflow for each button that calls a subflow with the desired enumeration value. Instead, why not let us call the same ACT_Action_New microflow and have us configure the Enumeration value input parameter for each button?

Example below for the current result in Mendix when trying that. Desired state is that ‘No applicable value’ becomes a dropdown or text field for enumerations and strings, respectively.

asked
1 answers

Yes, I agree. This would be very handy. Hopefully they implement it soon, but it does appear to be a planned feature as of 2021. https://forum.mendix.com/link/ideas/100

Created