DarkMode for Mendix Web Portal Also - Mendix Forum

DarkMode for Mendix Web Portal Also

Hi Everyone,

I think it would be a nice to have feature for the Mendix Web Portal to have an available dark mode switch for the user.

One reason I could find it is that, from my point of view, I feel more relaxed when at night I might be doing a learning path 

and the mode with be dark instead of white. 

I think this could be applied for any other route of the portal. But keep in mind, this should be a nice to have feature, not a critical one. So I don't think people should stress about it.

Other advantages of dark mode websites:

Reduces strain on eyes – One of the very first and most popular advantages attached with dark mode theme designs is that of reduction of strain on the eyes. Using dark mode in UI design is said to help improve the overall readability of the content available through the design.

Increase visibility in low light setup – Another benefit of dark mode design is that of increased visibility, especially, in a low light setup. In the dark mode, we can see the text and other items displayed on the screen more clearly.

Saves the battery significantly – One of the major pet peeves for several consumers is that of low battery life, or battery getting drained out sooner than expected. With an option of using the dark theme on the devices (whether laptop or mobile) it helps improve the battery life significantly. This is particularly applicable to OLED screens as they can switch off black pixels when they are not in use.

Provides a sense of doing something good – It certainly cannot be denied that the dark mode theme posses a certain charisma that could be associated with boldness, formality, sophistication, mystery, strength, luxuriousness, etc. Simply put, all of these traits are quite appealing and desirable, especially when it comes to marketing.

Helps improve focus – Another useful effect of dark mode in website design is when you want to highlight a specific type of content. Take brands such as Spotify and Netflix, for example. They want you to draw your eyes towards the colorful and vibrant album art and video thumbnails. Dark mode makes these thumbnails pop out in a specific way that light mode can't.

Full pros and cons about this topic found here → https://www.graphicszoo.com/article/pros-and-cons-of-using-dark-mode-in-website-design

asked
0 answers