Data list - Group by attribute

In my data list, there is an integer attribute, by which I would like to group my list to make it easier to see: ____________________________________________________________________________________ Grouping attribute             Attribute 1                Attribute 2            ….                             1                                            Data entry                 Data entry            ….                                               Data entry                 Data entry             ….                                               Data entry                 Data entry             …. ____________________________________________________________________________________ 2                                            Data entry                 Data entry            ….                                               Data entry                 Data entry             ….                                               Data entry                 Data entry             …. ____________________________________________________________________________________ 3                                            Data entry                 Data entry            ….                                               Data entry                 Data entry             ….                                               Data entry                 Data entry             …. ____________________________________________________________________________________ …   How is that possible? Any help is highly appreciated!  
asked
1 answers

So if 1 and 2 have the same value, then you want this value only to show on the first line, but still show two lines, right?

This is not possible in a single datagrid. Here is how you can do it:

• Create a listview or a template grid with the “Grouping attribute” in the first column
  • Create a dataview in the second column.
    • datasource is the selection with restriction that "Grouping attribute” = the listvalue's “Grouping attribute”-value

answered