Master/Detail and specialization

Hi ! I have a master / detail view as it is here : https://atlasdesignsystem.mendixcloud.com/p/masterdetail Although I have several issues : detail are specializations → how can I do that, while the dataview doesn’t support specializations? when the users selects another item, he leaves the current detail to open a new one : the data is not commited which is okay. But : how can I display a confirmation message saying “are you sure you want to cancel your changes?”  how can I cancel is he says yes ? cause I couldn’t find a way to execute a microflow at this point → the next time he comes back on this (uncommited) item, he can still see the data he set before, which leads him thinking it was saved … Thx !
asked
1 answers

detail are specializations → how can I do that, while the dataview doesn’t support specializations?

Dataview does indeed not have the option like listview and template view to assign a specific per specialization. Raise an idea for it, maybe in a future release it will get incorporated. Meanwhile, a workaround solution is to fill the dataview with a templateview having the datasource restricted to only the object of the dataview and assign specialization specific templates to the the templateview.

when the users selects another item, he leaves the c ….

No idea, my best guess would be using javascript by adding the HTML-widget to your page and make that javascript adding a OnLoseFocus to some element.

answered