Background Color from Column based on Attribute

Hello Guys, Imagin the User have the opportunity to choose the Color of a Column in a Datagrid2 by himself.   So, in the Marketplace theres a Widget called → Color Picker. it looks like this.   When i save this, the #RGB Code is saved as a string in the Entity ColorPicker. The Entity have logically 4 Attritubes. – ColorColumn 1 - ColorColumn 2 - ColorColumn 3 - Color Column 4   Now the Question: How to make the Color of the Column based on that what the User choosed? .. is this somewhere here possible?   Thank you in advance for your Answers, Best Regard – Damir
asked
2 answers

Your only available content to use in this setup is the Orderline. So you have the option to extend entity Orderline with attributes Color1 to Color4, but that is not a nice solution and polluting your data with layout-attributes.

So next option is using a wrapper. Same as with setting ‘Personal settings’. Create an entity having those 4 attributes and give the user the option to set them somewhere. Then create a dataview, retrieving this object. In the dataview add your Orderline-DataGrid2. Now the ‘ Available variables’ will look like this:

where $dataView1 will hold your object with Color1 to Color4 attributes and your $currentObject will still be your Orderline. The expression will look something like this:

if($dataView1/Color1='#FF0000') then 'red' else ''

Good luck!

answered

Hi Tim,

First of all thank you for you answer. You have always good advices :)

i dit it like you said and the Variable is here. thats fine but in the Expression i dont know how the use the Color, from the User.

this works → if $currentObject/State = OrderManagement.OrderLineState._New then 'text-danger'

but it should be something like this →

if $currentObject/State = OrderManagement.OrderLineState._New then color: OrderManagment.ColorPicker_New

OrderManagment.ColorPicker_New = The choosen color from the User

answered