Dynamic selection of columns of an entity

Hi Mendix Community,   I am using a Data Grid in order to display an entity to user. There are 5 Columns, M12,M24, M,36,M48,M60 Lets say user is interesting in data of column M48, than all other columns are not shown, when goes for searching Lets say user is interesting in data of column M36, than all other columns are not shown, when he is searching. Do you have any idea how to select and display columns based on user gusto? We could work wiht flags or preselection  
asked
2 answers

This cannot be done with the default datagrid. Maybe it's possible to build a widget for it.

When i would do is using a listview and give it a grid styling. In a listview you can add conditional visibility. Then you should be able to build something like this. But keep in mind that you lose the grid search functions. Of course you can add custom search fields. 

answered

Hi Sander,

Thanks for this advice. 

If I understood correctly I would do the following

1. I create several pages / templates each page showing just one specific column ( M12, M24,- M96)?
  2. I establish Boolean Fields ( true/ False) an put them to front page, ask use to flag Column in which he is interested.
  3. I create a action button , with an underlying microflow, which is calling the respective template from 1.
  4. Provide a search functionality in this microflow

Is that what you meant?

Thanks for your answer!

Stephan

answered