Cannot select option in yo during CustomWidget preparation

I am following the Crash course. In the section that teaches you how to extend the UI creating custom widgets, you are told to setup Node.js, Git, etc. and then run several commands on Git Bash. Well, when I run yo @mendix/widget MyCustomWidgetName It start the yo generator. Some options tell you to “Use arrow keys” to make your selection and I just cannot do my selection. For example, cursor is already on line saying “Empty widget (...)” and so I hit enter: But the other option gets selected: I tried stuff like going to the above line and then back again but that doens’t do it… The selection for previous options where the my selection was not the default one worked well. Is that a bug?
asked
2 answers

Ran into the same thing. If you're in the same boat, use PowerShell for the yo @mendix/widget command, there's highlighting, but you have to select the opposite to what you want. Created a ticket, hopefully by 2026 this will be fixed :) Though it's not a frequently used feature I guess, people who need it learn to work around it probably. 

answered

The same issue i right now have. did you find an alternative way?

answered