Mendix Widget Generator Error: No Gulp File Found

Hi, I have been trying to build a pluggable widget by following these guidelines.   After I have installed all the requirements (npm, yeoman and @mendix/generator-widget), I get an error when I run the following command yo @mendix/widget TextBox Everything seems to run as it should (adding all the necessary dependencies) but as soon as gulp runs I see the following in my terminal: > I will now run gulp to build the mpk (do this before open Mendix Studio Pro)< > textbox@1.0.0 lint C:\Users\user\Documents\2. Mendix\Test With React-main\CustomWidgets\textBox > pluggable-widgets-tools lint Running MX Widgets Tools script lint... Checking formatting... All matched files use Prettier code style! > textbox@1.0.0 build C:\Users\user\Documents\2. Mendix\Test With React-main\CustomWidgets\textBox > pluggable-widgets-tools build:web Running MX Widgets Tools script build:web... [09:37:51] No gulpfile found npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE npm ERR! errno 1 npm ERR! textbox@1.0.0 build: `pluggable-widgets-tools build:web` npm ERR! Exit status 1 npm ERR! npm ERR! Failed at the textbox@1.0.0 build script. npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above. npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: npm ERR! C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-08-06T07_37_51_345Z-debug.log Widget successfully built!! Please open Mendix Studio Pro and start playing with your new widget.  Afterwards I tried to run the following command in my IDE (Visual Studio Code):   npm run dev And I get the same error as above. My Software versions are:     OS:  Windows 10     Node version: 12.18.3     npm version: 6.14.6     @mendix/generator-widget version: 8.12.0   What can I do to resolve this issue?   Thanks in advance.
asked
2 answers

I think you’re running into this issue.

To fix it, you can either:

• move the project to a file path without any spaces
  • edit one line in /node_modules/@mendix/pluggable-widgets-tools/bin/mx-scripts.js like this
answered

run this 

npm install --global gulp-cli

answered