Static markers stretched / distorted on maps

Hi everyone, I’m currently facing an issue regarding the use of “static image” as location markers on the build in map widget. When choosing a static image, the image gets distorted on the map. The default markers ratio on the other hand is not affected from this behavior. Hopefully the attached image shows my issue well. So far I tried resizing the map ratio and adding custom icons without success. I would be glad about any help or troubleshooting steps. Thank you  
asked
2 answers

Hi Emre G,

I used the same map widget. In this widget, I used the static image marker instead of using Default map marker. If you have Static image size under 64 pixels in size, It will looks fine. If we use more than 100px images, it maybe affect your pointing location. Try to reduce the image width and height size. Or else externally download the PNG images with small width and height sized images. There is no distortion issue is not came during resizing the map. For your reference, I am sharing the screenshot ! 

answered

Hi Vijayabharathi V,

thank you for your help. Unfortunately changing the image size did not work for me. Maybe that’s an OpenStreetMap problem, because it seems to work on Google maps for you. But changing the size made me also wanna try changing the format. And e voilà, the image is perfectly fine when using svg as format.

answered