How to display enumeration attribute data in a Text widget within a rectangular box i.e. to give a appearance if it is put within a Text Box widget

I have  a requirement where I have to display data as if they are within a rectangular box.  I can do that using a Text box widget but it does not works for the enum type of  attributes. Below is the sample how I want to display all attribute types on the page. Text Box widget works fine for String/Date/Decimal/Integer types but not sure how to do this for enum type of attributes. Drop down widget wont work as it adds a dropdown arrow/icon on the right side.   I was looking if there are any widget or classes that help me to achieve that.
asked
1 answers

Hi Dilip,

The approach you took is the correct one by using a drop down widget. You can hide the arrow by applying some custom css. You can add .dropdown-hide-arrow class to the element and add the following css:

select.form-control.dropdown-hide-arrow {
  background-image: none; 
}

If this behavior is application-wide, you can just apply the styling to all disabled form selects, this way you don’t need to add the class to the widget:

select.form-control[disabled] {
  background-image: none; 
}

answered