Notification timer

I would like the button to have these functions: when button is toggled on, it will have a notification timer to show users that it is sending data and tells user to wait for 15s. Users are also unable to click the button during that 15s. when button is toggled off, it does the same thing. ( showing notification timer as well as unable to click the button for 15s) May I know if this is possible to do please? I have been trying to have this function for 2 weeks but unable to do it... Currently the button is able to send data to an IOT platform called thingspeak ( 1 or 0) and the button is able to show notification when it is toggled ON only, but it does not show it when it is OFF. I have no idea on how to tackle this problem and I really need help me ... :(   I will appreciate it if there are pictures to explain as well. 
asked
3 answers

Maybe you can add a boolean field in your entity that is set to false when the button is pressed. In mendix 9 it is then possible to change the caption of the button based on an expression. 

In mendix 8 it is not possible to use an expression. In that case you might use conditional visibility based on the boolean field.

answered

I have created a boolean field for my button. 

My switch and my notification are connected to “Toggle” boolean ( As I cannot connect more than 1 attributes, I wanted to connect “Status” boolean to both of them but I couldnt connect). As a result, the notification only shows when the button is toggled on but it does not show when it is off. I tried to change the value of “Toggle” to calculate instead of stored but I kept having errors ( Not sure if I did it correctly...)

Is it advisable for me to download Mendix 9? If I were to download Mendix 9, may I know how do I tackle this issue? Please advise.. I am stuck at this issue.. 

answered

After the processing you initiated at pressing the button has finished, you should change the boolean value.

answered