Is there a way to remove empty option in the drop down filter field of Data grid?

I am looking for a solution to remove empty from the drop down filter field of Data grid mapped to an Enum attribute. The attribute is set with a default value. So, there is no need for an empty status for filter. I also read many posts on handling this by CSS. But i am afraid there is no option to configure a class name or style to the filter field. Any suggestions please?
asked
3 answers

Use this css snippet and apply the class to the drop-down

.empty-option-delete{ //removes an option in the subject selector.
   select
   {
      option[value=""]
      {
         display: none;
      }
   }
}

answered

If you are adding this filter inside the search bar of list/grid then you wont get option to apply any class.
In order to do this, you will have to move these filters out of the list/grid; for example in above case you can use Dropdown – Dynamic widget which will take grid entity and name as input and then set this enum as filter attribute and can even set class to it. 

answered

Usually you can use styling to block an option here. Here is a CSS example to create a class that blocks an option in a dropdown selector that has the value “DELETE_ACCOUNT”; I think you could create a similar class for this grid and apply it in the “appearance” tab. 

.no-account-delete{ //removes an option in the subject selector.
   select{
      option[value="DELETE_ACCOUNT"]{
         display: none;
      }
   }
}

This is a cosmetic fix, however. It would also be possible to use some JavaScript to actually remove that option from the DOM.

Hope this helps.

answered