Export to excel in datagrid 2

Hi Team, We have ‘Export to excel’ button available in datagrid. Please let me know whether similar option is available in datagrid 2? My requirement is to export the data into excel based on the column selection by the user in the datagrid 2. Regards, Megha
asked
6 answers

Yesterday (31 October 2023) there has been an update on the Datawidget module with a new "Export_To_Excel" JS action.

Datawidget Marketplace Mendix

answered

Hi Megha George,

This feature does not seem to be included. You might have to fall back to the excel export module, but achieving the same functionality will be an effort – the export to excel functionality that is integrated to the standard data grid exports exactly what you see – if you filtered your list, the exported data is also filtered accordingly. You might have to use a custom filtering which passes the result list to the excel export..

answered

I think you can use ‘Saved attribute’ setting in a filter to store the last value. Then create a custom export logic to generate excel file based on stored values

answered

This widget needs a lot of development to handle selection processes.

answered

Hi Megha,

There is no Export to Excel option in datagrid 2 so you need to make an customized export excel option like this for the respective data grid Source.

answered

That's only button right? we need how you implemented .

answered