I think the Custom string widget is causing this warning DEPRECATED: logger, use mx.logger instead -- will be removed in version: 11.0.

Hi All We are trying to upgrade to version 9.6. We have updated all of our widgets except custom string.    We use the custom string widget in our layouts. There is no context, so we need a microflow to get the ‘Company’ from the registered user to show information related to the specific company.   I can’t find the custom sting widget anywhere in the market place, it looks like it has been Deprecated. How can i update this widget OR is there a similar widget i can use that does the same thing.   Regards, Patrick
asked
3 answers

To update the widget yourself, you can copy the mpk file from your widgets folder in your project directory and paste the copy somewhere outside your project directory.  Then, you can change the copy's file extension from .mpk to .zip, and you can unzip the widget to access and edit the javascript file in a text editor.  
Then, you can copy the updated .js file and return to your widgets folder in your project directory.  There you can change the original widget's file extension from .mpk to .zip and click into it to paste your edited .js file (choose "Copy and Replace") to overwrite the original.  Then, change the file extension back to .mpk, run your project locally in Studio Pro and Commit your change.  Note that the Changes tab will show 0 changes.  But when you click to Commit, you can see the file that you modified on the "Changes on disk" tab of the "Commit" pop-up.  

answered

You are right that CustomString has been deprecated.

A work around could be to use a DataSource microflow in a DataView, and in the DataView use either the built in Text widgets, or FormatString from the Marketplace to output the text.

Hope this helps.

answered

@Dawn, that will be difficult if the widget has been properly compiled and minified ;-)

answered