Prevent layout skewing caused by default validation errors

If you enter a non-numeric value in a text box for numeric value, a validation error will be displayed. However, when this happens, the position of other widgets will change. I am trying to prevent this from happening.     Do you have any good ideas about the following? (I use version 8) 1. Is there any way to avoid displaying the error message "invalid number"? 2. Is there any way to display the error message without changing the position of other widgets?       ---2021.12.23 update----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I record my final solution here. 1. Is there any way to avoid displaying the error message "invalid number"?  ⇒The following code was added to the class named ”.mx-validation-message”. display: none;   2. Is there any way to display the error message without changing the position of other widgets?   ⇒By editing the CSS, I made the error message overlap other widgets.  ①The following code was added to the class named ”.mx-validation-message”. position: absolute;  ②The following code was added to the class named ”.alert-danger”. position: relative; height: 10px; line-height: 3px;  
asked
1 answers

As this validation message for non-numeric values in a numeric field is shown by default by mendix so you could add some custom styling on your element and hide the validation message for non-numeric values.

The class name is .mx-validation-message

Also, you can do the validation for non numeric values in a microflow and then show the message in a popup instead of a validation feedback.

answered